Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by rk vishu <ta...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/26 23:09:47 UTC

Map Red SequenceFi​le output to Hive table

Hello All,

I have a mapred job that does transfermation and outputs to a compresses
SequenceFile (by using org.apache.hadoop.mapred.SequenceFileOutputFormat)

I am able to attach the output to a external hive table (stored as
sequncefile). When i query it ignores the first column value from the file.
Is there a way to generate the MAP Red out put as expected by HIVE?

Any tips on this are highly appriciated.

-R

Re: Map Red SequenceFi​le output to Hive table

Posted by Mapred Learn <ma...@gmail.com>.
Are you missing external keyword here:
create external table...<>

Posted by rk vishu <ta...@gmail.com>.