Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2007/02/01 19:49:58 UTC

[very OT] group conventions for people use testng?

hey guys, just wondering. if you use testng how do you normally
structure your groups? Do you always specific a group for unit tests or
do you not?

--
Dan Adams
Senior Software Engineer

Re: [very OT] group conventions for people use testng?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yeah,

I think someone else wanted to make an attempt at the maven2 support
but kind of let the ball drop. I've said I'll bring it back up to the
right version, have just been wrestling with not having a core
computer for the last week or so to work on. (I do now)

And yes, the IDEA TestNG plugin is much much better than the eclipse
version. It's too bad the maven2 plugin is a p.o.s. .. :/

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: [very OT] group conventions for people use testng?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I believe Jesse put together the 2.8-SNAPSHOT version of the plugin
that we're using.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: [very OT] group conventions for people use testng?

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
In IDEA, you can supply "test runner options" to TestNG.  I would
imagine that the eclipse plugin has something similar, but I have not
used it.

Posted by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com>.
In the testng.xml you can exclude groups:

<test name="Regression1">
  <groups>
      <exclude name="brokenTests"  />
      <include name="checkinTests"  />
    </run>
  </groups>

and in eclipse you create a test runner to run a specified testng.xml file. So you could create an xml with only your unit tests.

This is also the reason I asked because I wanted to know if other people tagged all their unit tests with a "unit" group or something so that they could easily run them by group without having to use exclusions.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.