Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/17 14:49:41 UTC

Overlapped Gap Facets

Is it possible to do such a facet on a date field:

 Last 1 Day
 Last 1 Week
 Last 1 Month
 Last 6 Month
 Last 1 Year
 Older than 1 Year

which has overlapped facet gaps?

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Re: Overlapped Gap Facets

Posted by Andy C <an...@gmail.com>.
You might want to look at using Interval Facets (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Faceting#Faceting-IntervalFaceting)
in combination with relative dates specified using the Date Math feature (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Working+with+Dates)

You would have to decide exactly what you mean by each of these intervals.
Does "Last 1 Day" mean  today (which could be specified by the interval
"[NOW/DAY, NOW/DAY+1DAYS)"), yesterday and today ("[NOW/DAY-1DAYS,
NOW/DAY+1DAYS)"), etc.

You could decide that you want it to mean the last 24 hours
("[NOW-1DAYS,NOW]"), but be aware that when you subsequently restrict your
query using one of these intervals using NOW without rounding has a
negative impact on the filter query cache (see
https://dzone.com/articles/solr-date-math-now-and-filter for a better
explanation than I could provide.

- Andy -

Re: Overlapped Gap Facets