Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@winterthur.ch> on 2007/03/14 11:32:01 UTC

AW: [axis2] session management fails with invalidServiceGroupID Exception

Jochen

**** BTW - what scope= are you using?	The original problem I had was with scope=soapsession only.

with scope=application your talking to only one instance of your service-class and not to a statefull-objects.

The problem with the invalidServiceGroupeContextID is because after timeout the ID is no longer valid!

client-threads calling afterr timeoutn with the same previous used sender-handle will because they send the wrong timed out ID
client-threads calling with a fresh sender-handle will not fail because the do not pass an ID but receive one in the reply-message

Regarding Instances of Service Classes (also called statefull-Objects, objects are instances of a class) be sure that you can cleanly
tell a) when you talk to different instances of a service-object (instance of a service-class) or b) when you talk to the same instance of a service-object (singelton).

Sometimes just a matter of having certain variables defined as static, and since variables in jave defined static are shared among objects!

I was once running into the same trap. Be aware that you know the real instance your talking to, maybe identify each object by unique hash value or UUID.

Josef