Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by shimin_q <sm...@hotmail.com> on 2012/11/26 20:15:45 UTC

DropDownChoice box does not display the value I selected

I have a DropDownChoice box that loads a list of values on load(), but when I
selected a value from the list, the selected value does not show up in the
box, even though it appears that getModelObject() does return the correct
value (the value I selected).  It's just the box does not display it.  I use
Wicket 6.3.0, locally tested using jetty server 6.1.26 and FireFox 17.0,
JQuery Mobile 1.2.0, JQuery 1.8.3.  Any suggestions or ideas?

Here is the Wicket code:

IModel<List&lt;String>> oxeNodeModel = null;
oxeNodeModel = new LoadableDetachableModel<List&lt;String>>() {
		@Override
		protected List<String> load() {
			try {
				List<String> names = null;
				if ((profile!=null) && (profile.getType().equals(MetaProfileType.OXE) ||
profile.getType().equals(MetaProfileType.OXE_WITH_OT)))
					names = getOXENodeList();

					if (names == null)
						return Collections.emptyList();
					else {
                                                return names;
					}

			}catch (Exception e) {
                                      return Collections.emptyList();
			}
		}
	};

	oxeNodeBox = new DropDownChoice("oxeNode",
		new PropertyModel<String>(profile, "oxeNodeName"), oxeNodeModel);

	oxeNodeBox.setEnabled(true);
	oxeNodeBox.setOutputMarkupId(true);
	add(oxeNodeBox);

The html template is:

              	 <label for="oxeNode" wicket:id="oxeNodeLabel"
class="requiredLabel">OXE Node</label>
              	<select id="oxeNode" name="oxeNode" wicket:id="oxeNode">
                  <option selected>OXENode</option>
                </select>