Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Dario Cimafonte <da...@travcorpuk.com> on 2015/11/10 13:07:22 UTC

Work-around to use AWS SES with SMX 6.0.0

Hi all,

Currently SMX 6.0.0 (and I suspect 6.0.1) bundles AWS SDK with joda-time 2.6, which leads to an error in the signature timestamp when version 3 of the signer is used, see here:

https://github.com/aws/aws-sdk-java/issues/514

Upgrading to joda-time 2.8.2 is said to fix the issue, but in the meantime one can override the signer by specifying V4 explicitly, like this:

(http://pastebin.com/nGhWr8QZ)
1.  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
2.  <blueprint xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0">
3.
4.          <!-- Force V4 Signer (which is the preferred one: http://goo.gl/bClV3W), to work around a SMX 6 bug -->
5.          <bean id="sesClientConfiguration" class="com.amazonaws.ClientConfiguration">
6.                  <property name="signerOverride" value="AWS4SignerType" />
7.          </bean>
8.
9.      <!-- Inject the custom client configuration -->
10.     <bean id="sesClient" class="com.amazonaws.services.simpleemail.AmazonSimpleEmailServiceClient">
11.         <argument ref="sesClientConfiguration" />
12.     </bean>
13.
14. </blueprint>

Because V4 uses a different and bug-free algorithm to format the timestamp, this solved my problem and maybe save someone else a headache.

Kind regards,

Dario Cimafonte

Posted by Dario Cimafonte <da...@travcorpuk.com>.
Update:

the problem seems to arise with JDK 1.8 and this is why we were not seeing it before - see https://github.com/JodaOrg/joda-time/issues/288 - and it was fixed a month ago with this patch https://github.com/Squarespace/template-compiler/commit/1d6a3e9647132e867f8036741652bbed5a076be7

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Dario