Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Joachim Müller <jo...@wemove.com> on 2003/09/05 20:10:52 UTC

loadbalancing question (sticky session)

Hi List.

I am having a problem with loadbalancing. this is my setup:

1x Apache 2.0.47 with mod_jk
2x Tomcat 4.1.x on seperate machines
2x Jetspeed1.4b4

Everything is set up alright, so I can do load balancing.
The session will be extended by mod_jk to keep track
which session goes to which app server (SESSION_ID.worker1 or
SESSION_ID.worker2).

The problem seems to be that the jetspeed tags truncate
the session id from the worker info. Even if the request
states SESSION_ID.worker1 the links produced by Jetspeed
contain only the SESSION_ID without the '.worker1'

This must not happen, because if I switch from server1 to
server2 all session data is lost of course.

Does anybody can help me out?

Maybe it's a Tomcat issue defining the Session ID pattern?

Thanks in advance.

Joachim

AW: loadbalancing question (sticky session)

Posted by Joachim Müller <jo...@wemove.com>.
OK, ok, my fault. I checked the server.xml files
again and ... in the worker2 config file the
jvmRoute attribute was missing in the Engine Tag.

<Engine jvmRoute="worker2" name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">

sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards, Joachim

p.s. loadbalancing really works :-)

Posted by Joachim Müller <jo...@wemove.com>.