Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Raghu Sinha <rs...@dynax.com> on 2002/11/12 18:24:42 UTC

Validation.xml message processing

I have a validator using a mask, I was trying to display the custom message
for this mask. The field defination is like

         <field    property="record.employer1.companySalesVolume"
depends="maxlength,mask" page="7">
         	     <arg0 key="record.displayname.employer1.companySalesVolume"
/>
         	     <arg1 name="maxlength" key="${var:maxlength}"
resource="false"/>
                     <var>
                       <var-name>maxlength</var-name>
                       <var-value>10</var-value>
                     </var>
                     <var>
			   	       <var-name>mask</var-name>
                       <var-value>${salesVolume}</var-value>
                     </var>
         </field>

For the custom message for the mask I tried using

<arg1 name="mask" key="errors.currency"/>, I did not see the desired
message. Everything else was fine. I was still getting "Field Invalid"
error.

I also tried to use

<msg name=mask" key="errors.currency"/>

This shows a problem with the validation.xml.

Could you suggest as to how I can get the custom message to show up, instead
of the "Field Invalid" error?

Thanks

Raghu Sinha
rsinha@dynax.com