Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com> on 2012/08/08 13:23:00 UTC

Nice article discussing optional dependencies

This is a nicely illustrated and fairly concise discussion about
handling optional dependencies.
http://www.axelfontaine.com/2012/08/optional-dependency-strategies-for-java.html

Enjoy

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: Nice article discussing optional dependencies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> any idea where his background jpg was shot?

It changes every time you refresh the page. The author also tweeted
"My blog background picture will now change regularly and draw from
the tens of thousands of photos from my trips to 63 countries so far."

So I'm afraid you'd have to ask him directly.

Wayne

RE: Nice article discussing optional dependencies

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Ron
this is what i got from the article
public static boolean isPresent(String className) {    try {        Class.forName(className);        return true;    } catch (Throwable ex) {        // Class or one of its dependencies is not present...        return false;    }}

plugin devs have a tried and true way to avert the dreaded NoClassDefFoundError

any idea where his background jpg was shot?
Martin Gainty