Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Hugi Thordarson <hu...@karlmenn.is> on 2011/12/09 12:08:13 UTC

Another newbie question: Type coercions not working for me

Hi again.

Another noob question: I've been trying to google this one for quite some time, but I still can't figure out how I can pass a CayenneDataObject to a component using a binding.

I have registered a Type Coercer from String to CayenneDataObject, and it's getting invoked when I read the binding, but if I do this…

<t:MyCustomComponent input="someCayenneDataObject" />

…the coerce( String ) method of the Type Coercer recieves the string "someCayenneDataObject" as parameter?

Help!

- hugi