Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/20 11:03:43 UTC

Re: [Axis2] UUID Generator for Axis2 - Can we distribute LGPL binaries?

On 20/07/05, Jaliya Ekanayake <ja...@opensource.lk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>  There is a request for a UUID Generator for Axis2. We have a UUID Generator
> in Axis1.X and also an open source jug.jar from Doomdark.org
> (http://www.doomdark.org:8080/) with LGPL license.  It is only 18kB in size.

What about http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/id/ ?
It's in sandbox so I think it should be promoted to Commons Proper
before Axis2 final release.

Regards,
Tomek

Posted by Tatu Saloranta <co...@yahoo.com>.
--- Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> nope...was referring to the java class :)

Ok sorry for the confusion and thanks for
clarification. ;-)

-+ Tatu +-

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tatu Saloranta <co...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tatu Saloranta <co...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <ja...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Dims,

Yes, let's use the axis 1.X's UUID Generator. In ws-addressing, we have
the jug's uuid generator.  That is why I wanted to clarify which one to use.

Thanks,

Jaliya

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
jaliya,