Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Vin Aggarwal <vi...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/26 20:03:30 UTC

svn diff --no-diff-added doesn't work as expected

Hi,

svn diff reports added or deleted files when --no-diff-added or
--no-diff-deleted options are specified; although only the 'Index:' lines
are printed. In my subversion build I changed the code to output these
lines to stderr. Patch file attached.

Vin

Re: svn diff --no-diff-added doesn't work as expected

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Vin Aggarwal wrote on Thu, 26 Dec 2019 20:03 +00:00:
> svn diff reports added or deleted files when --no-diff-added or
> --no-diff-deleted options are specified; although only the 'Index:'
> lines are printed. In my subversion build I changed the code to output
> these lines to stderr. Patch file attached.

Thanks for the patch.  However, I don't think we'd like to print
anything to stderr besides errors, warnings, and possibly interactive
prompts.  I suppose there's a case to be made for not printing the
headers at all when the respective --no-* options are set, though.  Feel
free to propose that over on the dev@ list.

Cheers,

Daniel