Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Diego Fincatto <di...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/09 16:13:08 UTC

AutoCompleteTextField + AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior "onchange" problem on wicket 6.0

I have an AutoCompleteTextField with one
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior added and, on wicket 6.0, it stop
working. It was working perfectly on wicket 1.5.7.
When I select on value with keyboard, nothing happens. When I click in
some option, the event is fired twice.

I attached a quickstart with the problem. Changing the wicket version
to 1.5.7, everything works ok.

Any tips?

Re: AutoCompleteTextField + AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior "onchange" problem on wicket 6.0

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Jira is down so I cannot comment there.

I've just fixed the bug with the keyboard navigation.

About the two fires when using the mouse - I have no idea how this
worked in 1.5. Here is what happens now: the user enter something in
the input, then goes and clicks on an option in the drop-down. Here
the browser detects 'change' of the input and fires it, then it
executes the 'click' on the option and our callback copies the option
value to the input's value and we fire artificial 'change' event to
notify you.

So far I cannot figure out how the first 'change' is suppressed in 1.5.

@Igor: as an expert in autocompleting business, do you have idea how
to handle this ?

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Diego Fincatto <di...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I opened a bug report for the issue:
>
> On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Diego Fincatto
> <di...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have an AutoCompleteTextField with one
>> AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior added and, on wicket 6.0, it stop
>> working. It was working perfectly on wicket 1.5.7.
>> When I select on value with keyboard, nothing happens. When I click in
>> some option, the event is fired twice.
>>
>> I attached a quickstart with the problem. Changing the wicket version
>> to 1.5.7, everything works ok.
>>
>> Any tips?

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: AutoCompleteTextField + AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior "onchange" problem on wicket 6.0

Posted by Diego Fincatto <di...@gmail.com>.