Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Roman Chyla <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/01 21:34:47 UTC

Query parsing - what's new?

Hi guys,

Could sb please take a look at the LUCENE-5014 and comment on it? That JIRA
ticket is proposing a new way to build query parsers:

The thing is: the new code has been there lying for about 6 months, and I
don't know whether it is  because people don't have time to actually look
at it, or because it is a bad solution, or anything else... I don't want to
assume anything at this point, but your input would be much appreciated. I
know you are busy and I understand that parsers are not as exciting as
cloud etc, but at the same time I do NOT understand how lucene can live so
long with 'that' standard query parser...

Thank you!

  roman