Posted to user@crunch.apache.org by wu lihu <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/17 11:48:57 UTC

Shard API doesn't work well with parquet file

Hi Everyone
    I have a job to work with parquet file output,
   Shard.shard(outTable,10).write(new
AvroParquetFileTarget(tempOut+path), Target.WriteMode.OVERWRITE);

   However, the output looks like below
3.0.3.1.2.CH24_RELEASE 2
3.0.3.1.2.CH24_RELEASEE 1
3.0.3.1.2.CH24_RELEASEEA 1
3.0.3.1.2.CH24_RELEASEEAS 1
3.0.3.1.2.CH24_RELEASEEASE 29
3.0.3.1.2.CH24_RELEASEEASES 160
3.0.3.1.2.CH24_RELEASEEASESE 85
3.0.3.1.2.CH24_RELEASEEASESEE 14
3.0.3.1.2.CH24_RELEASEEASESEEE 4
3.0.3.1.2.CH24_RELEASEEASESEEES 1
   there is extra suffix added to the key of the PTable, all of them
should be RELEASE but not the RELEASEEASE bra bra

   If I remove the Shard, and keeps all the same, the output looks like normal
    3.0.0.1.2.CH.1.4_RELEASE  1
    3.0.1.1.2.CH22_RELEASE  1622
    3.0.1.1.2.CH23_RELEASE  10607
    3.0.14.1.2.CH.1.3_RELEASE  18080
    3.0.19.1.2.TC21_RELEASE  5
    3.0.2.1.2.CH11_RELEASE  3
    3.0.2.1.2.TC21_RELEASE   4
    3.0.20.1.2.TC21_RELEASE    247
    3.0.20.7.2.SX.1.2A_RELEASE   2
    3.0.20.8.2.SX.1.3A_RELEASE  1

Any thoughts ???

Re: Shard API doesn't work well with parquet file

Posted by wu lihu <ro...@gmail.com>.
Yup, sure, why not.

Posted by Josh Wills <jo...@gmail.com>.