Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Clarence GUO <cl...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/28 09:21:36 UTC

First part of OOXML export code was committed to branch

Hi~
I committed the first part of OOXML export code to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/ooxml
I also posted a wiki about OOXML export framework to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OOXML+Export+Framework
Status updated to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OOXML+Export+Status,
and first part of testing samples were attached to the wiki.
There is an issue I'd like to highlight here is, although now with the
framework, PPTX can be exported, but only a very fundamental structure was
exported so that MS Office 2010 cannot open it. Some folders like master
pages, themes of a PPTX don't exist in the exported file. As I will still
work on spreadsheet and document, another developer Shao Zhi is working on
shape export, we two have no effort on presentation at least in the
following 3-4 months, in order to speed up the work, I'd like to know if
any volunteer has interest in this field.

Thanks & BRs
Clarence

Re: First part of OOXML export code was committed to branch

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 28.02.2014 09:21, Clarence GUO wrote:
> Hi~
> I committed the first part of OOXML export code to
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/ooxml
> I also posted a wiki about OOXML export framework to
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OOXML+Export+Framework
> Status updated to
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OOXML+Export+Status,
> and first part of testing samples were attached to the wiki.
> There is an issue I'd like to highlight here is, although now with the
> framework, PPTX can be exported, but only a very fundamental structure was
> exported so that MS Office 2010 cannot open it. Some folders like master
> pages, themes of a PPTX don't exist in the exported file. As I will still
> work on spreadsheet and document, another developer Shao Zhi is working on
> shape export, we two have no effort on presentation at least in the
> following 3-4 months, in order to speed up the work, I'd like to know if
> any volunteer has interest in this field.

Thanks for the status update and the availability of your recent work.

Best regards, Oliver.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 02/28/2014 07:02 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Clarence GUO<cl...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi~
>> I committed the first part of OOXML export code to
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/ooxml
>> I also posted a wiki about OOXML export framework to
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OOXML+Export+Framework
>> Status updated to
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OOXML+Export+Status,
>> and first part of testing samples were attached to the wiki.
>> There is an issue I'd like to highlight here is, although now with the
>> framework, PPTX can be exported, but only a very fundamental structure was
>> exported so that MS Office 2010 cannot open it. Some folders like master
>> pages, themes of a PPTX don't exist in the exported file. As I will still
>> work on spreadsheet and document, another developer Shao Zhi is working on
>> shape export, we two have no effort on presentation at least in the
>> following 3-4 months, in order to speed up the work, I'd like to know if
>> any volunteer has interest in this field.
>>
>> Thanks&  BRs
>> Clarence
>>

> Thank you, Clarence!

Thanks for your work. It's great to see progress in this application area.

Marcus

Re: First part of OOXML export code was committed to branch

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Clarence GUO <cl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi~
> I committed the first part of OOXML export code to
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/ooxml
> I also posted a wiki about OOXML export framework to
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OOXML+Export+Framework
> Status updated to
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OOXML+Export+Status,
> and first part of testing samples were attached to the wiki.
> There is an issue I'd like to highlight here is, although now with the
> framework, PPTX can be exported, but only a very fundamental structure was
> exported so that MS Office 2010 cannot open it. Some folders like master
> pages, themes of a PPTX don't exist in the exported file. As I will still
> work on spreadsheet and document, another developer Shao Zhi is working on
> shape export, we two have no effort on presentation at least in the
> following 3-4 months, in order to speed up the work, I'd like to know if
> any volunteer has interest in this field.
>
> Thanks & BRs
> Clarence

Thank you, Clarence!

MzK

"Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time,
 for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect."
                                       -- James Mason