Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Peter Haggerty <pe...@librato.com> on 2014/09/08 23:56:04 UTC

When CHANGES and JIRA "Fix Versions" disagree which should we believe?

When the CHANGES file shows an issue as being in a particular release
but the JIRA for the issue shows a different version in "Fix Versions"
which one is right?

All four of these are listed in 2.0.10 in the CHANGES file:
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-2.0/CHANGES.txt

and this one is in the 2.0.10 section of CHANGES but the Fix Versions
for it doesn't include any 2.x versions:

Should I just comment in each JIRA where there is disagreement between
it and the CHANGES file?

Peter

Re: When CHANGES and JIRA "Fix Versions" disagree which should we believe?

Posted by Benedict Elliott Smith <be...@datastax.com>.
In this case, it seems more likely CHANGES.txt will be correct, since it is
maintained *at time of commit*, whereas JIRA fix versions can be forgotten
to be maintained.

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.