Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Deepak Gopalakrishnan <dg...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/06 07:12:35 UTC

Re: Error while attempting join query

Adding Dev group

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Deepak Gopalakrishnan <dg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I did move on to 4.7 and my HBase version is 0.98+. Below is the script I
> execute in order to get it installed before HBase is started.
>

> After doing this on all nodes ( including master ), when I try a
> ./sqline.py localhost, it just freezes and doesnt proceed. Can someone
> please help ?
>

> #!/bin/sh
> mkdir /home/hadoop/phoenix/
> wget
> http://mirror.fibergrid.in/apache/phoenix/phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-0.98/bin/phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-0.98-bin.tar.gz
> -P /home/hadoop/phoenix/
> cd /home/hadoop/phoenix/
> tar -xvf phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-0.98-bin.tar.gz
> cp -r phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-0.98-bin/phoenix-*.jar /home/hadoop/hbase/lib/
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 10:39 PM, Deepak Gopalakrishnan <dg...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello James,
>>
>> Sure I understand. But any idea why JOIN fails on the server ? Is it not
>> supported on 2.1.2 ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Deepak
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 9:48 PM, James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Support for the 2.x line was dropped over a year ago. I'd recommend
>>> encouraging the EMR folks to upgrade to the latest version of Phoenix and
>>> HBase.

>> --
>> Regards,
>> *Deepak Gopalakrishnan*
>> *Mobile*:+918891509774
>> *Skype* : deepakgk87
>> http://myexps.blogspot.com
>>

> --
> Regards,
> *Deepak Gopalakrishnan*
> *Mobile*:+918891509774
> *Skype* : deepakgk87
> http://myexps.blogspot.com

*Deepak Gopalakrishnan*
*Mobile*:+918891509774
*Skype* : deepakgk87
http://myexps.blogspot.com

Re: Error while attempting join query

Posted by James Heather <ja...@mendeley.com>.
I'm also interested to hear about this! Please do give more info!

Posted by Steve Terrell <st...@oculus360.us>.
OK, check out
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32208549/how-to-use-newer-versions-of-hbase-on-amazon-elastic-mapreduce
.  Worked for me!

I'm using EMR AMI.3.10.0 .

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Terrell <st...@oculus360.us>.

Posted by Deepak Gopalakrishnan <dg...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

> [...]

>>                     --
>>                     Regards,
>>                     *Deepak Gopalakrishnan*
>>                     *Mobile*:+918891509774 <tel:%2B918891509774>
>>                     *Skype* : deepakgk87
>>                     http://myexps.blogspot.com
>>

>>             --
>>             Regards,
>>             *Deepak Gopalakrishnan*
>>             *Mobile*:+918891509774 <tel:%2B918891509774>
>>             *Skype* : deepakgk87
>>             http://myexps.blogspot.com
>>

>>         --
>>         Regards,
>>         *Deepak Gopalakrishnan*
>>         *Mobile*:+918891509774 <tel:%2B918891509774>
>>         *Skype* : deepakgk87
>>         http://myexps.blogspot.com
>>

>>     --
>>     Regards,
>>     *Deepak Gopalakrishnan*
>>     *Mobile*:+918891509774 <tel:%2B918891509774>

*Deepak Gopalakrishnan*
*Mobile*:+918891509774
*Skype* : deepakgk87
http://myexps.blogspot.com

Re: Error while attempting join query

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
(-cc dev@phoenix)

Posted by Deepak Gopalakrishnan <dg...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Deepak Gopalakrishnan <dg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Adding Dev group
>
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Deepak Gopalakrishnan <dg...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I did move on to 4.7 and my HBase version is 0.98+. Below is the script I
>> execute in order to get it installed before HBase is started.
>>

>> After doing this on all nodes ( including master ), when I try a
>> ./sqline.py localhost, it just freezes and doesnt proceed. Can someone
>> please help ?
>>

>> #!/bin/sh
>> mkdir /home/hadoop/phoenix/
>> wget
>> http://mirror.fibergrid.in/apache/phoenix/phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-0.98/bin/phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-0.98-bin.tar.gz
>> -P /home/hadoop/phoenix/
>> cd /home/hadoop/phoenix/
>> tar -xvf phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-0.98-bin.tar.gz
>> cp -r phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-0.98-bin/phoenix-*.jar /home/hadoop/hbase/lib/
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 10:39 PM, Deepak Gopalakrishnan <dg...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello James,
>>>
>>> Sure I understand. But any idea why JOIN fails on the server ? Is it not
>>> supported on 2.1.2 ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Deepak

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> *Deepak Gopalakrishnan*
>>> *Mobile*:+918891509774
>>> *Skype* : deepakgk87
>>> http://myexps.blogspot.com
>>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> *Deepak Gopalakrishnan*
>> *Mobile*:+918891509774
>> *Skype* : deepakgk87
>> http://myexps.blogspot.com
>>

> --
> Regards,
> *Deepak Gopalakrishnan*
> *Mobile*:+918891509774
> *Skype* : deepakgk87
> http://myexps.blogspot.com

*Deepak Gopalakrishnan*
*Mobile*:+918891509774
*Skype* : deepakgk87
http://myexps.blogspot.com

Re: Error while attempting join query

Posted by Deepak Gopalakrishnan <dg...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

wrote:

> Adding Dev group
>
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Deepak Gopalakrishnan <dg...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I did move on to 4.7 and my HBase version is 0.98+. Below is the script I
>> execute in order to get it installed before HBase is started.
>>

>> After doing this on all nodes ( including master ), when I try a
>> ./sqline.py localhost, it just freezes and doesnt proceed. Can someone
>> please help ?
>>

>> #!/bin/sh
>> mkdir /home/hadoop/phoenix/
>> wget
>> http://mirror.fibergrid.in/apache/phoenix/phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-0.98/bin/phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-0.98-bin.tar.gz
>> -P /home/hadoop/phoenix/
>> cd /home/hadoop/phoenix/
>> tar -xvf phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-0.98-bin.tar.gz
>> cp -r phoenix-4.7.0-HBase-0.98-bin/phoenix-*.jar /home/hadoop/hbase/lib/
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 10:39 PM, Deepak Gopalakrishnan <dg...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello James,
>>>
>>> Sure I understand. But any idea why JOIN fails on the server ? Is it not
>>> supported on 2.1.2 ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Deepak

>>> --