Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bart Locanthi <ba...@sabl.com> on 2000/07/15 01:27:47 UTC

re: sendRedirect(), also jikes

nfi on sendRedirect(url) vs setHeader("location", url). i'm trying to
decide whether to try 3.2b2 or not. i'm using a build as of a couple
weeks ago.

btw i finally discovered why i couldn't get it to use jikes.

1) conf/web.xml is never read. ever.
2) webapps/<context>/WEB-INF/web.xml has the goods
	if you make a copy from conf/web.xml, you also need to fix the
	specification of jsp servlet's full name, eg
		org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet
3) specifying a compilerPath, as below, also breaks the use of jikes
        <init-param>
            <param-name>compilerPath</param-name>
            <param-value>/usr/local/bin/jikes</param-value>
        </init-param>
4) in light of (1), from *where* does tomcat get default values?
5) the first time a .jsp is compiled, jikes or no, it takes a very long
time
	independent of whether the jit is enabled or not. why?

-----