Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/26 18:17:47 UTC

cwiki.apache.org and Geronimo web site update

Hi All,
the new cofluence wiki cwiki.apache.org is ready to go live! I have reorganized the documentation,
migrated it and updated the new confluence installation, the new structure looks like this:

Apache Geronimo v1.0
        Apache Geronimo v1.0 - User's Guide
        Apache Geronimo v1.0 - Developer's Guide

Apache Geronimo v1.1
        Apache Geronimo v1.1 - User's Guide

Apache Geronimo Project Management
        Apache Geronimo Development Process
        Apache Geronimo Development Status

Apache Geronimo SandBox

You can see it LIVE accessing http://geronimo.apache.org/documentation

The documents that are still up-to-date from wiki.apache.org/geronimo should be moved over the new
confluence wiki, some of those docs should actually go directly into the web site itself. I will
work on these changes unless somebody else volunteers :D

Part of this update includes reorganizing the web site, the old Libray and Documentation thing. The
Documentation link will contain the new structure just decribed
(http://geronimo.apache.org/documentation) and the Library link will contain all the available
printed and online books, cookbooks, articles, interviews, etc.

So, whoever is working on a Geronimo book, articles, etc. and the info is not listed on the web
site, pls send the details over so we can update the site.

You will have to re-register in the new confluence in order to continue contributing with Geronimo's
documentation.

Enjoy!

Cheers!
Hernan

Re: cwiki.apache.org and Geronimo web site update

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback Erin.

The answer to both comments is YES, we can :)
Need to work on the export template to see how we can leverage Confluence built-in search engine.

As for the link back to Geronimo's web site, we did not have any on the old moin moin wiki but we
can add one.

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Erin Mulder <me...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Hernan,

This is awesome as I for one love to download everything I can get my paws on about a project
seemingly before I get on a plane so it looks like the project is finally coming of age in this way.
  I know you have been cranking out the lion's share of doc here but that there are many folks who
also have been contributing.   Hat's off to all and thank you.

It might be nice to add a link on this page to the library link and describe that there are books
and articles from across the globe that can be access here.  I for one probably wouldn't immediately
go looking for a separate page.  Having something to clearly guide users would be really helpful.
Using my own incompetence as a measure :)

Thanks

Matt

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hernan this looks great!  Thanks for all your hard work.

Paul

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Very excellent work!

Thanks to you and the guys on infra@ for making this happen.