Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Fickes, Vic" <vi...@exchange.prb.net> on 2001/02/14 00:46:42 UTC

Components tutorial problem

I am trying to get the Components tutorial to run and am having a problem.
I'm using WebLogic5.1SP8 with the additional fixes from Matthias Kerkoff
(many thanks).  The Struts example runs fine and most (but not all) of the
Jakarta taglibs examples run fine, so I think I finally have my environment
set up correctly.

When I run the Components tutorial, I get this error:

Tue Feb 13 18:17:42 EST 2001:<I> <WebAppServletContext-comps-tutorial>
resolving taglib uri '/WEB-INF/components.tld' to taglib-location
/WEB-INF/components.tld:
Tue Feb 13 18:17:43 EST 2001:<I> <WebAppServletContext-comps-tutorial>
resolving taglib uri '/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld' to taglib-location
/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld:
[Exception in:/common/menuViewSrc.jsp] (line -1): Error in tag library at:
'logic': The Tag class 'org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.EqualTag' has no
setter method  corresponding to TLD declared attribute 'scope', (JSP 1.1
spec, 5.4.1)
weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspException: (line -1): Error in tag library at:
'logic': The Tag class 'org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.EqualTag' has no
setter method  corresponding to TLD declared attribute 'scope', (JSP 1.1
spec, 5.4.1)

This would appear to be an error in the Struts logic tag implementation (for
whatever version of Struts was used in the tutorial app).  Is this correct,
or am I doing something else wrong?

Also, are there any test applications available for the Struts Framework
beans, similar to the ones that come with the Jakarta taglibs?  If there are
I haven't run into them yet.

Victor Fickes			mailto:vfickes@prb.net
Northrop Grumman PRB Systems   www.prb.net
43865 Airport View Drive	301-373-2388 x106 (voice mail)
Hollywood, MD 20636		301-373-2360 (receptionist)

Re: Components tutorial problem

Posted by Cedric dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.
  See intermixing.

     Cedric

"Fickes, Vic" wrote:

> I am trying to get the Components tutorial to run and am having a problem.
> I'm using WebLogic5.1SP8 with the additional fixes from Matthias Kerkoff
> (many thanks).  The Struts example runs fine and most (but not all) of the
> Jakarta taglibs examples run fine, so I think I finally have my environment
> set up correctly.
>
> When I run the Components tutorial, I get this error:
>
> Tue Feb 13 18:17:42 EST 2001:<I> <WebAppServletContext-comps-tutorial>
> resolving taglib uri '/WEB-INF/components.tld' to taglib-location
> /WEB-INF/components.tld:
> Tue Feb 13 18:17:43 EST 2001:<I> <WebAppServletContext-comps-tutorial>
> resolving taglib uri '/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld' to taglib-location
> /WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld:
> [Exception in:/common/menuViewSrc.jsp] (line -1): Error in tag library at:
> 'logic': The Tag class 'org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.EqualTag' has no
> setter method  corresponding to TLD declared attribute 'scope', (JSP 1.1
> spec, 5.4.1)
> weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspException: (line -1): Error in tag library at:
> 'logic': The Tag class 'org.apache.struts.taglib.logic.EqualTag' has no
> setter method  corresponding to TLD declared attribute 'scope', (JSP 1.1
> spec, 5.4.1)
>
> This would appear to be an error in the Struts logic tag implementation (for
> whatever version of Struts was used in the tutorial app).  Is this correct,
> or am I doing something else wrong?

  It is correct, it seem to come from the struts logic tag that don't run on WL
5.
  I have recompile Components distribution with Struts 20000214, and all seem to
work.
  You can test Components tags lib by invoking comps-doc/test/testAll.jsp. If
this page looks correct, components must run correctly.
  If Components latest distribution contains an older version of Struts, you can
take the latest Struts version
  and replace struts.jar and struts-*.tld file in Compoenents example and
tutorial.

> Also, are there any test applications available for the Struts Framework
> beans, similar to the ones that come with the Jakarta taglibs?  If there are
> I haven't run into them yet.

Struts comes with 'struts-test.war', Have you check it ?

Posted by Cedric dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.

Maya Muchnik wrote:

> Victor,
>
> Could you, please, email where the Components tutorial is.

  Components tutorial try to explain basic about Components.
  It can be found on Component web site :
   (main)   http://www.lifl.fr/~dumoulin/components
   (mirror) http://www.geocities.com/cedricdumoulin/components

  Components can be seen as extended Template.

     Cedric

Re: Components tutorial problem

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.
Victor,