Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Corbin, James" <Ja...@starwoodhotels.com> on 2003/02/26 21:09:23 UTC

WSAD5.0 and Log4J (Related to Lydia Thread)

Hello,

I too am unable to get Log4J working in WSAD5.0.  It appears that my error
is the same as Lydias in that it cannot find my configuration file.

[2/26/03 12:49:51:168 MST] 2dd9426c SystemErr     R log4j:WARN No appenders
could be found for logger (com.lightspeed).
[2/26/03 12:49:51:168 MST] 2dd9426c SystemErr     R log4j:WARN Please
initialize the log4j system properly.

Other app servers load the config file just fine, i.e. JBOSS.

Here is the code I use to configure Log4J

       // if the log4j-init-file is not set, then no point in trying
         PropertyConfigurator.configure( "/config/log4j.xml" );

The config directory is at root of the file system where the app server is
running, in this case, c:\config\log4j.xml.  When I run JBOSS it finds it
okay, but WSAD Test Server 5.0 is unable to find it.

Any suggestions on a better way to locate and load the configuration file
would be greatly appreciated.  The only requirement I have is that the
config file is located somewhere in the file system and isn't part of my web
app, or ear file.

Thanks,
J.D.

  _____

	 J.D. Corbin
Architecture and Emerging Systems
Starwood Technology and Revenue Systems
9285 Teddy Lane, Suite 230
Lone Tree, CO 80124

Phone: 303.790.9551
Fax:    303.790.9550

james.corbin@starwoodhotels.com

  _____

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged.
The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the address listed in the "From:" field.