Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org> on 2005/10/05 08:34:26 UTC

Is head fixed now?

Last night Ross mentioned on IRC that he broke head. Is this fixed now
or should I wait some more before I update?

--
Ferdinand Soethe

Re: Is head fixed now?

Posted by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org>.

Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> El mié, 05-10-2005 a las 11:23 +0200, Ferdinand Soethe escribió:
>> David Crossley wrote:

>> > It has been working fine for us for the latter
>> > half of ForrestTuesday today.
>> > I think he probably mean that he broke his working copy.
>>
>> Well, after updating my forrest I cannot access index.html in my
>> project anymore because:
>>
>> > Request URI
>> >
>> > index.html
>> >
>> > cause
>> >
>> > The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
>> >
>> > request-uri
>> >
>> > /index.html;jsessionid=57fcmtib43ibv
>>
>> Ross, can you confirm that it's still broken or do I need to look at
>> my end?

> Make sure you do not have any conflicts in your local forrest.

> The above message state that there are not well-formed xml. That can be
> that your index.xml is not well formed or a file in forrest.

> do
> svn st
> in $FORREST_HOME

> HTH

Thanks Thorsten.

To be sure I checked svn st but had no conflicts. And the site ran
fine with forrest 07 so that didn't seem to be the problem.

Maybe Forrest figured I needed a break. That almost always helps. A
couple of hours later the problem was no longer there.

--
Ferdinand Soethe

Re: Is head fixed now?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El mié, 05-10-2005 a las 11:23 +0200, Ferdinand Soethe escribió:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> > Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> >>
> >> Last night Ross mentioned on IRC that he broke head. Is this fixed now
> >> or should I wait some more before I update?
>
> > It has been working fine for us for the latter
> > half of ForrestTuesday today.
> > I think he probably mean that he broke his working copy.
>
> Well, after updating my forrest I cannot access index.html in my
> project anymore because:
>
> > Request URI
> >
> > index.html
> >
> > cause
> >
> > The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
> >
> > request-uri
> >
> > /index.html;jsessionid=57fcmtib43ibv
>
> Ross, can you confirm that it's still broken or do I need to look at
> my end?

Make sure you do not have any conflicts in your local forrest.

The above message state that there are not well-formed xml. That can be
that your index.xml is not well formed or a file in forrest.

do
svn st
in $FORREST_HOME

HTH
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Is head fixed now?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>

>>Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>>
>>>Last night Ross mentioned on IRC that he broke head. Is this fixed now
>>>or should I wait some more before I update?
>

>>It has been working fine for us for the latter
>>half of ForrestTuesday today.
>>I think he probably mean that he broke his working copy.
>

> Well, after updating my forrest I cannot access index.html in my
> project anymore because:
>

>>Request URI
>>
>>index.html
>>
>>cause
>>
>>The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
>>
>>request-uri
>>
>>/index.html;jsessionid=57fcmtib43ibv
>

> Ross, can you confirm that it's still broken or do I need to look at
> my end?

This was never borken. It's at your end I'm afraid (the break I referred
to on IRC was only for changes.rss

Ross

Re: Is head fixed now?

Posted by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org>.

Re: Is head fixed now?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> Last night Ross mentioned on IRC that he broke head. Is this fixed now
> or should I wait some more before I update?

It has been working fine for us for the latter
half of ForrestTuesday today.
I think he probably mean that he broke his working copy.

-David