Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org> on 2015/11/20 23:55:02 UTC

jira cleanup

Hi,

It seems that we need some cleaning in the jira. I can do these changes if
it is ok with everyone.

1. Versions with typos are there (4.60, etc). Jira will auto-create these
release versions if one types it in fixVersions. I'll remove these.

2. 4.6.0 is released, but not released in Apache. We should "release" that
version in jira so that future issues cannot be tagged with that release
version. We (in HBase) documented that to be a part of the release
management process. Looking at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/PHOENIX/versions

I don't see any versions that is "released" in jira. I think we should mark
every version as released that corresponds to an actual release.

3. Best practice is to close all the jiras in the release, so that they
cannot be reopened and changed.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-2244?jql=project%20%3D%20PHOENIX%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%204.6.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

4. jira Workflow: change it to "no-reopen-closed". This workflow is safer,
and used in HBase and Hadoop. The jiras in closed state cannot be
re-opened. if we make sure to close all the jiras after a release, the list
of jiras committed and marked for that fixVersion becomes final. If a patch
for the jira is released in a version, then only creating a new jira will
be the way to change. This makes issue and patch tracking for releases
easier I think.

Let me know whether these makes sense or not.

Enis

Re: jira cleanup

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
That process makes sense, Enis. Let's try to do that going forward if there
are no objections.

Re: jira cleanup

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.

Re: jira cleanup