Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leif Mortenson <le...@tanukisoftware.com> on 2002/04/17 02:19:46 UTC

[VOTE] Promote the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource into the datasource subproject.

We have been using the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource in the scratchpad for
quite some time and it appears to be working correctly. I would like to move
it into the datasource subproject, thus promoting it.

Currently, the scratchpad also contains the datasource/ids and
datasource/cluster
subpackages. These would also be moved, but placed into separate jars
with an
alpha status.

Cheers,
Leif

Re: [VOTE] Promote the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource into the datasource subproject.

Posted by Eung-ju Park <co...@apache.org>.
> We have been using the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource in the scratchpad
for
> quite some time and it appears to be working correctly. I would like to
move
> it into the datasource subproject, thus promoting it.

+1

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: [VOTE] Promote the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource into the datasource subproject.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Leif Mortenson wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 09:19:46AM +0900, Leif Mortenson wrote:
>>
>>> We have been using the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource in the
>>> scratchpad for
>>> quite some time and it appears to be working correctly. I would like
>>> to move
>>> it into the datasource subproject, thus promoting it.
>>>

>> +1 (haven't used it, but if you're happy with it..)
>>
>> One thought: adding ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource would pull in a
>> dependency on Instrument. Is this likely to cause problems? Should we do
>> a "release" of datasource before adding this?
>>
> Actually, it already requires Instrument via the Pool subproject.  The
> Instrument package is very
> lightweight and should be thought of like logging.  Several core
> subprojects already depend on it.

Since we already voted +1 on this before moving to the new build
structure, +1.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: [VOTE] Promote the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource into the datasource subproject.

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@tanukisoftware.com>.

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 09:19:46AM +0900, Leif Mortenson wrote:
> We have been using the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource in the scratchpad for
> quite some time and it appears to be working correctly. I would like to move
> it into the datasource subproject, thus promoting it.

+1 (haven't used it, but if you're happy with it..)

One thought: adding ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource would pull in a
dependency on Instrument. Is this likely to cause problems? Should we do
a "release" of datasource before adding this?

--Jeff

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:19, Leif Mortenson wrote:
> We have been using the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource in the scratchpad for
> quite some time and it appears to be working correctly. I would like to
> move it into the datasource subproject, thus promoting it.
>
> Currently, the scratchpad also contains the datasource/ids and
> datasource/cluster
> subpackages. These would also be moved, but placed into separate jars
> with an
> alpha status.

If your happy with it then +1

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: [VOTE] Promote the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource into the datasource subproject.

Posted by Mark Woon <mo...@SMI.Stanford.EDU>.
Leif Mortenson wrote:

> We have been using the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource in the scratchpad for
> quite some time and it appears to be working correctly. I would like to move
> it into the datasource subproject, thus promoting it.

+1

-Mark

Re: [VOTE] Promote the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource into the datasource subproject.

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@tanukisoftware.com>.

Leo Simons wrote:

>>We have been using the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource in the
>>scratchpad for
>>quite some time and it appears to be working correctly. I would
>>like to move
>>it into the datasource subproject, thus promoting it.
>>

>You know, it is a lot better than quite a few other datasource
>impls around that have been released for ages.... <ducks>
>
>+1

Thanks. :-)

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
> We have been using the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource in the
> scratchpad for
> quite some time and it appears to be working correctly. I would
> like to move
> it into the datasource subproject, thus promoting it.

You know, it is a lot better than quite a few other datasource
impls around that have been released for ages.... <ducks>

+1

- Leo