Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andy Kriger <ak...@greaterthanone.com> on 2002/09/27 18:40:24 UTC

can ActionError be returned by Action?

Is there any way that an ActionErrors object can be returned by
Action.perform (in the same way it can be returned by ActionForm.validate)?
I would like to use the html:errors tags in my JSP to handle output from
exceptions received in the Action.perform method. But I'm not sure how to
set the html:errors property since I can't return the ActionErrors object
directly.

Is there a way to make this work?

thx
andy

RE: can ActionError be returned by Action?

Posted by Andy Kriger <ak...@greaterthanone.com>.
never mind - found it
for those wondering - in an Action class...

request.setAttribute(this.ERROR_KEY, errors);

Is there any way that an ActionErrors object can be returned by
Action.perform (in the same way it can be returned by ActionForm.validate)?
I would like to use the html:errors tags in my JSP to handle output from
exceptions received in the Action.perform method. But I'm not sure how to
set the html:errors property since I can't return the ActionErrors object
directly.

Is there a way to make this work?

thx
andy