Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@apache.org> on 2017/10/30 14:41:18 UTC

[VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 4.0.0 Release Candidate 2

Dear OpenMeetings Community,

I would like to start a vote about releasing Apache OpenMeetings 4.0.0 RC2
RC1 was canceled because of 2 last minute issues were found

Main changes are:

Release 4.0.0, provides following improvements:
* Room White board is rewritten to use HTML5 instead of Flash
* All Audio/Video components were rewritten using Apache Flex
* Bunch of automatic tests were written, code was cleaned-up and simplified
* outdated SMSlib was removed from the dependencies
* RTL in room is improved
* swftool 3rd party tool is not required any more
* OAuth authorization is fixed additional VK provider is added
* language resources are minimized
* performance is improved

Admin->Config
* config keys are generalized
* config types are introduced

Other fixes and improvements 515 issues were fixed

Readme:
https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/4.0.0RC2/README

Changelog:
https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/4.0.0RC2/CHANGELOG

List of fixed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312720&version=12324572

Release artifacts:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openmeetings/4.0.0/rc2/

Maven Staged repo:
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapacheopenmeetings-1025/content/

Tag:
https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/releases/tag/4.0.0RC2

PGP release keys (signed using C467526E):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openmeetings/4.0.0/rc2/KEYS

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

My vote is +1.

RE: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 4.0.0 Release Candidate 2

Posted by "Coscend@OM" <OM...@Coscend.com>.
+1
Thank you for the diligent development and testing.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Hemant K. Sabat

Coscend Communications Solutions
www.Coscend.com
Real-time, Interactive Video Collaboration, Tele-healthcare, Tele-education, Telepresence Services, on the fly…
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at: http://www.Coscend.com/Anchor/Common/Terms_and_Conditions.html

[...]

List of fixed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312720&version=12324572

Release artifacts:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openmeetings/4.0.0/rc2/

Maven Staged repo:
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapacheopenmeetings-1025/content/

Tag:
https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/releases/tag/4.0.0RC2

PGP release keys (signed using C467526E):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openmeetings/4.0.0/rc2/KEYS

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

My vote is +1.

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 4.0.0 Release Candidate 2

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.
+1
Thanks for all the hard work!

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
Click here to schedule a phone call with me.
<https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/aplusadmin15>
Sign Up for A+ News and Test Prep Tips!
<http://www.aplustutoring.com/sign-up-for-a-news>
<http://aplustutoring.com>

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenMeetings 4.0.0 Release Candidate 2

Posted by Vasiliy Degtyarev <va...@unipro.ru>.
+1

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.
+1

sorry couldn't test in detail... 2 off-days here...

  Thank you very much for that huge step to html5...

Greetings Peter