Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrea Turli <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/03 17:14:55 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Promoting the Azure Compute provider

Hi Francesco, all,

I'd like to share with you some thoughts around azure compute. I've seen
that using the web GUI to create a Virtual Machine, it does not require to
create a virtual network upfront. So I tried using jclouds-azurecompute to
skip the creation of the virtual network so that Azure assigns a Virtual IP
to the VM automatically. It seems to be ok.

Do you all see any issue if we remove the virtual network creation from the
GetOrCreateStorageServiceAndVirtualNetworkThenCreateNodes ?

Happy to file a jira issue to track this better, if needed.

Thank,
Andrea

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi Andrea, Ignasi,
sorry for late reply, I've been out for few days.

Your proposed changes make sense to me, please go ahead.

Regards.

Posted by Andrea Turli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Thx!