Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2001/03/06 15:35:42 UTC

speed issue...

After updating my source tree, when testing the new ASTEQNode this
morning, I noticed that the testsuite has slowed down.

On my machine, it went from a consistant 2.43 seconds to 2.65 seconds,
about an 8% slowdown.  I backed out the ASTEQNode code from yesterday,
and still, it was 2.65 or so, so I don't think that was it.

That 2.43 has been rock steady for quite a while, so I am a little
worried.

Can anyone think of a reason?  My perception is that the only changes
recently were to the loaders (and not in a way where I think it would
slow things down...) and to the test suite (where I thought the stated
changes would make it *faster*...)

Any ideas?

geir

Re: speed issue...

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 3/6/01 11:28 AM, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> > Do you mean the ones I committed this morning?  No, I restored those
> > back as well.
> >
> > Even if not, it would be hard to believe that 5 #if() blocks would add
> > 8%
> >
> > geir
>
> Well, there was work done to the testing framework...I saw a commit go by
> suggesting that all the tests were not being run.

I think that was in the todo, noting that we should have a build target
that runs all tests.

Currently we have test (template tests), test-introspector,
test-inlinevmtest, test-multi, test-cpload

My standard riff is the test for tempalte tests, and that was the number
I know.  (The others are so quick...)

I will review the archive on mail-archive, and see what it might be...

geir

Re: speed issue...

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/6/01 11:28 AM, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> wrote:

> Do you mean the ones I committed this morning?  No, I restored those
> back as well.
>
> Even if not, it would be hard to believe that 5 #if() blocks would add
> 8%
>
> geir

Well, there was work done to the testing framework...I saw a commit go by
suggesting that all the tests were not being run.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous

Re: speed issue...

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.