Posted to cvs@httpd.apache.org by wr...@apache.org on 2001/07/20 22:28:01 UTC

cvs tag: httpd-2.0 APACHE_2_0_21

  Log:

    Push forward tag to apply htpasswd.c and win32 build fix.

T Apache.mak
T libhttpd.mak
T modules/aaa/mod_auth_anon.mak
T modules/aaa/mod_auth_dbm.mak
T modules/aaa/mod_auth_digest.mak
T modules/cache/mod_file_cache.mak
T modules/dav/fs/mod_dav_fs.mak
T modules/dav/main/mod_dav.mak
T modules/generators/mod_info.mak
T modules/generators/mod_status.mak
T modules/mappers/mod_rewrite.mak
T modules/mappers/mod_speling.mak
T modules/metadata/mod_cern_meta.mak
T modules/metadata/mod_expires.mak
T modules/metadata/mod_headers.mak
T modules/metadata/mod_usertrack.mak
T modules/ssl/mod_ssl.mak
T modules/tls/mod_tls.mak
T server/gen_test_char.mak
T srclib/apr/apr.mak
T srclib/apr/libapr.mak
T srclib/apr-util/aprutil.mak
T srclib/apr-util/libaprutil.mak
T support/ab.mak
T support/htdigest.mak
T support/htpasswd.c
T support/htpasswd.mak

Re: cvs tag: httpd-2.0 APACHE_2_0_21

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@ebuilt.com>.
> BTW ... until it goes to http://www.apache.org/dist/ it isn't so much as an
> alpha, by Roy's scheme, correct?  Or did I miss something?  Did we ever really
> document the acceptance and steps for tag -> alpha -> beta -> release on the
> new schema?

Alpha means a packaged release to developers.  Beta means a packaged release
to customers that want/need to be on the bleeding edge.  Gold or GA means a
packaged release for normal customers.  The only reason we label the
tarball that way is because it tells recipients of the tarball our level
of confidence in that release version.

....Roy

>     Push forward tag to apply htpasswd.c and win32 build fix.

Could someone please call up the tar script for Unix .tar.gz/.tar.Z?

The valid dev.apache.org/dist/httpd-2_0_21-alpha.zip and the binary
dev.apache.org/dist/binaries/apache-2_0_21-win32-x86-alpha.zip are
now available for alpha validation.

BTW ... until it goes to http://www.apache.org/dist/ it isn't so much as an
alpha, by Roy's scheme, correct?  Or did I miss something?  Did we ever really
document the acceptance and steps for tag -> alpha -> beta -> release on the
new schema?

Bill