Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Nestel, Frank ISC 6" <ne...@de.ina.com> on 2002/01/31 09:27:28 UTC

xerces 2.0.0 Filenames in InputSource

Hi,

I tried to plug in Xerces 2.0.0 into our application
yesterday and realized that it is not possible any
more to use a valid Windows paths as argument of the
InputSource constructor. This worked with probably all
versions of Xerces 1.x. As far as i understood the
JAXP JavaDoc the InputSource(String) constructor
argument can be an URL but don't has to. Is the behaviour
of Xerces 2.0.0 intended (and we'd need to rewrite
all our parser calls), a bug, or do I have to further
investigat the special circumstances of the failure?

Puzzled,

--
Frank Nestel

Re: xerces 2.0.0 Filenames in InputSource

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
"Nestel, Frank ISC 6" wrote:
> argument can be an URL but don't has to. Is the behaviour
> of Xerces 2.0.0 intended (and we'd need to rewrite
> all our parser calls), a bug, or do I have to further
> investigat the special circumstances of the failure?

Yes, it is intended and is meant to bring the Xerces2 parser
into closer compliance with the specs. There is a FAQ item
in the docs that shows how to rewrite DOS paths as URIs.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org