Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nathan Smith <na...@labpro2000.com> on 2005/05/27 04:14:29 UTC

OT: Release procedure experiences

Hi all,

should have been a bit more succinct with my request.

I would like to know what kind of software Release procedure a lot of you
carry out, and your experiences with that procedure, with respect to a small
company developing commercial software.

How do you carry out patch releases?

How do you carry out full releases?

Do you have a development CVS and release CVS?

Or, do you just carry out releases from the development CVS?

Do you identify files for each piece of work by a bug id number or call
number?

Can the files associated with that id be checked out from CVS? Is that a
good idea for doing patch releases?

How would you do unit tests for a web application that relies heavily on a
database and the data in it?

Anything else you have experienced that may be helpful to streamline out
release process.

Maybe I could reciprocate if anybody has a question for me.

Cheers.

Nathan Smith
Software Developer
LabPro 2000 Limited
Phone: +64 4 586 6840
Facsimile: +64 4 586 6841
 <ma...@labpro2000.com> nathan@labpro2000.com
 <http://www.labpro2000.com/> www.labpro2000.com

Level 6, Riverside Tower on Daly, 15 Daly Street
Lower Hutt, New Zealand