Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org> on 2009/11/25 22:28:19 UTC

Adding varaible content in Confluence from OpenJPA Builds

Hi,

I am looking for a way to display the SVN revision number of the nightly
snapshot build in the confluence Wiki page.  Looks like the upload ant
script (./openjpa-project/upload.xml) is the right place to
a) extract the revision number form the OpenJPA build
b) make some text substitution in the Wiki page that displays nightly
snapshot download in a table.

Comments/Suggestions/Alternatives?

-----
Pinaki

Re: Adding varaible content in Confluence from OpenJPA Builds

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CWIKI/Index#Index-Canweusetheautoexportsiteaspartofourmainwebsite%3F

The website will get copied over 5 mins after every hour....

-Donald

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Pinaki,

On Dec 1, 2009, at 12:47 AM, Pinaki Poddar wrote:

> Dnald/Craig,
>  Do you know the RMI URL to connect to confluence content repository
> using
> jackrabbit or anyy other JCR compatible client?

Sorry, no I don't.

Craig

>  [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/administrators.action
>

> DWoods wrote:
>>
>> and adding some date substitution of when the last rsync ran would be
>> great too, so anyone could tell how old the static content is and
>> if the
>> scripts are not running again....
>>
>> That would also be helpful for search engines, to know which pages
>> have
>> changed by updating the meta-data during the copy....
>>

>> -Donald
>>

>> Michael Dick wrote:
>>> Hi Pinaki,
>>>
>>> The upload.xml and the wiki updater are separate entities.
>>>
>>> Upload.xml runs more or less nightly - I have build profile on our
>>> continuous integration server that runs at 2:00 AM if there have
>>> been
>>> changes. It lays down the documentation, and pre-compiled binaries
>>> into a
>>> 'staging directory' on people.apache.org. Naturally others are
>>> free to
>>> run
>>> it at any time and deploy to other locations if they choose.
>>>
>>> The wiki / homepage gets updated by confluence. After an update to
>>> the
>>> wiki
>>> confluence exports the site to our page on people.apache.org. The
>>> page is
>>> then 'skinned' by a cron job / script of some sort that Donald
>>> owns which
>>> adds the logo and some other customizations.
>>>
>>> Doing what you want is a bit involved. The place to do it is in
>>> the cron
>>> job
>>> / script that gets executed after confluence updates the site. That
>>> script
>>> will have to unzip the openjpa binaries and run OpenJPAVersion (or
>>> just
>>> read
>>> the properties file) and do the substitution for you.
>>>
>>> There may be some tweaking we can do to make the confluence export
>>> do the
>>> work for us, but that's beyond my knowledge. Also I only have a
>>> passing
>>> familiarity with the cron job / script that adds the logo to the
>>> site, so
>>> my understanding might be out of date (this is how it worked when
>>> Marc
>>> set
>>> it up). Donald is the expert and can correct me if I'm wrong :-)
>>>
>>> It's all doable, but might require some coordination to make this
>>> part of
>>> the 'main' cron job that inserts the logo.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> -mike

> -----
> Pinaki

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Adding varaible content in Confluence from OpenJPA Builds

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
No idea if there is a RMI interface, but it seems whatever interfaces
are provided by default in Confluence are available in the Apache
installed instance....  Of course, any of these interfaces could be
disabled by infra in the future, if security issues or DoS attacks
become a problem.

-Donald

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.

-----

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
For webdav -

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
Dnald/Craig,

-----

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
Thanks Mike for detailing the process. This is what I am thinking after I
read your explanation.A bit of research showed that Apache Jackrabbit/WebDav
client can access a remote confluence content repository. Then upload.xml
can invoke a small Java program that will connect and edit the wiki page
with OpenJPA version number. But devil is in the details...does someone know
the connection url (in rmi protocol) for confluence content repository? I
find an example that connects via RMI.  Then we can give it a try...

-----

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pinaki,