Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Ron Ohmer <ro...@aisconsulting.net> on 2005/09/15 15:14:39 UTC

Any good docs on creating an appender?

We have a couple of appenders to create, is there a FAQ or something on
this, or do you suggest just going with the skeleton and using something
like syslog appender as a guide?
[Ron Ohmer]

Re: Any good docs on creating an appender?

Posted by Andreas Fester <An...@gmx.de>.
Ron Ohmer wrote:
> We have a couple of appenders to create, is there a FAQ or something on
> this, or do you suggest just going with the skeleton and using something
> like syslog appender as a guide?

I would take an existing appender, the syslog appender might be a good
choice. Basically you have to implement the abstract function

virtual void append(const spi::LoggingEventPtr& event,
log4cxx::helpers::Pool& p) = 0;

from AppenderSkeleton to implement your specific logging functionality.

Regards,

	Andreas

--
Andreas Fester