Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Flemming Frandsen <fl...@stibo.com> on 2006/07/28 09:30:45 UTC

Symlinks on windows

According to the faq <http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#symlinks>
symlinks aren't supported on windows.

I have a number of users on windows and I'd like to be able to symlink
there as well, windows 2000 and later has a utility called linkd that
will link directories and as that's what I want to do I think it would
be perfect to be able to use that feature to simulate symlinks on windows.

Are there any plans to add this to svn or should I look into adding it?

Re: mod_dav_svn on windows.

Posted by Anastasios Angelidis <vo...@videotron.ca>.
Cool thanks.

RE: mod_dav_svn on windows.

Posted by "Johnson, Deron" <DL...@firstcommand.com>.

mod_dav_svn on windows.

Re: Symlinks on windows

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 7/28/06, Flemming Frandsen <fl...@stibo.com> wrote:
> According to the faq <http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#symlinks>
> symlinks aren't supported on windows.
>
> I have a number of users on windows and I'd like to be able to symlink
> there as well, windows 2000 and later has a utility called linkd that
> will link directories and as that's what I want to do I think it would
> be perfect to be able to use that feature to simulate symlinks on windows.
>
> Are there any plans to add this to svn or should I look into adding it?

I am not aware of any such plans, and I suspect that there might be
some significant arguments against doing so, but if you want to try
feel free to bring a proposal to the dev list.

-garrett