Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Samuel Sadek <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/25 01:01:24 UTC

IMAP Server & ESMTP Server

I've got James 2.02a/Oracle 8.1.7.
I know there is a proposal to include IMAP Server handling within JAMES at
some point and wanted to know when will this be scheduled for release and to
which version.

Simlarly, has anyone at Apache-James-dev group thought about including ESMTP
Server into James? And if so, when will this be made available in James and
which version?

Would appreciate the information.

Thanks in advance,

Sam.

Re: IMAP Server & ESMTP Server

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
There is no firm schedule for the IMAP code.  It's been something that's
been under work and recently reworked for quite a while... we just need to
find enough smart people with the free time to get it done.

James already supports ESMTP... connect to port 25 and send an EHLO command,
and it will respond appropriately.  There SIZE restrictions, there is SMTP
AUTH, and I think that's it at the moment.  What other features are you
looking for from ESMTP?

Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/