Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Li...@aol.com on 2003/05/15 18:53:15 UTC

[users@httpd] How to connect to Apache server with a Web browser in Linux?

I have installalled an Apache web server from source apache_1.3.27.tar.gz.

Then I did:
#cd /usr/local/apache/bin
#./apachectl configtest
Syntax OK
#./apachectl start
    ./apachectl start:thhpd started

But how can I connect to the web server with a Web browser such as Mozilla in
Linux to view a standard page saying "Hey, it worked! The SSL?TLS-aware
Apache webserver was successfully installed on this web site..."? since in
the browser, I typed:

http://apacheserver

then there was a message saying "www.apache.com no found".

       Thanks