Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2008/04/30 10:04:24 UTC

Java 6 for Mac

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/javaformacosx105update1.html

Somehow I think Cayenne will become more Java 6 friendly soon :-)

Andrus

Re: Java 6 for Mac

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Same goes for CayenneModeler I guess :-/ Although we can do another
user list Java version survey, once Apple makes 1.6 the default JVM.

But at least now we can create Java 6 extensions for runtime if we
feel like it.. (kind of like we did for Java 5 enums when the rest of
Cayenne was still on 1.4)

Andrus

Re: Java 6 for Mac

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Apr 30, 2008, at 1:12 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> but also cuts out 32 bit machines Apple released just 12 months ago.

Programming in Java makes me blind to hardware I am running... My
MacBook Pro laptop turned out to be 32 bit (64 bit machines were
released in 3 months after I bought mine ... so somehow I got in the
time warp and assumed that I had a 64 bit machine too). Luckily I will
have a new laptop in a few weeks, but I agree - it sucks that even
fairly new Intel machines can't run this.

Andrus

Re: Java 6 for Mac

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.