Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Praveen Boppana <pr...@bennettig.com> on 2013/03/09 17:20:15 UTC

Tomcat7 EL(proprietary evaluate) error

Hi,

I'm very new to tomcat7 environment, we are migrating from oc4j to tomcat7.
We have an issue with EL in jsp pages throwing error
"The method proprietaryEvaluate(String, Class, PageContext, null, boolean)
is undefined for the type PageContextImpl."

Tried setting the system property
-Dorg.apache.el.parser.SKIP_IDENTIFIER_CHECK=true in catalina.properties
file. Didn't resolve the issue. Page works fine after taking out EL
expressions.

What are we missing?. Really appreciate your help.

Environment: Tomcat 7.0.37, jdk1.6.

Thanks
Praveen

Re: Tomcat7 EL(proprietary evaluate) error

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.