Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Scott Mitchell <sm...@silverpop.com> on 2007/03/19 17:35:31 UTC

Exception while interacting with MBean

Hello, thanks to a couple of list members help I have gotten James up
and running w/the JMX connector started, and my retry logic working.
However, I am now trying to interact with the published MBeans to
attempt to programmatically stop/start the James process depending on
the status of our backend system. Unfortunately I am getting exceptions
with any operation I attempt. Here are the error messages I get from
JConsole when I attempt to view the
"Phoenix:application=james,topic=Application" MBean. The list of
attribute names comes up, but the values are all set to "Unavailable"
and these exceptions are visible in the James console window:

Mar 19, 2007 12:29:42 PM RequiredModelMBean getAttributes(String[])

SEVERE: Failed to get "blockNames": javax.management.MBeanException:
Operation getBlockNames not in ModelMBeanInfo

Mar 19, 2007 12:29:42 PM RequiredModelMBean getAttributes(String[])

SEVERE: Failed to get "description": javax.management.MBeanException:
Operation getDescription not in ModelMBeanInfo

Mar 19, 2007 12:29:42 PM RequiredModelMBean getAttributes(String[])

SEVERE: Failed to get "displayName": javax.management.MBeanException:
Operation getDisplayName not in ModelMBeanInfo

Mar 19, 2007 12:29:42 PM RequiredModelMBean getAttributes(String[])

SEVERE: Failed to get "homeDirectory": javax.management.MBeanException:
Operation getHomeDirectory not in ModelMBeanInfo

Mar 19, 2007 12:29:42 PM RequiredModelMBean getAttributes(String[])

SEVERE: Failed to get "name": javax.management.MBeanException: Operation
getName not in ModelMBeanInfo

Mar 19, 2007 12:29:42 PM RequiredModelMBean getAttributes(String[])

SEVERE: Failed to get "running": javax.management.MBeanException:
Operation isRunning not in ModelMBeanInfo

I have also tried similar things in code but I get the same "Operation
isRunning not in ModelMBeanInfo" exception there are well. Has anyone
seen this before?

Thanks,

Scott