Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pa...@aol.com on 2001/11/28 17:21:53 UTC

CGI-BIN

I have Apache 1.3.12.2 running on Solaris 8.  I am having a problem that if
people can navigate to a cgi-bin directory, they can read .pl files.  I have
set an index.htm in the cgi-bin directory to not allow for the directory
listings to not show up.  I have tried everything (turning off FancyIndexing)
to get the directory listing to not show up.  The index.htm just brings up a
blank page.  What permissions do I need to have setup to not allow people to
read *.pl but not interfere with the running of the cgi's and perl scripts?

I have the server running as a www user.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: CGI-BIN

Posted by jo...@slive.ca.
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 Paf7172@aol.com wrote:

> I have Apache 1.3.12.2 running on Solaris 8.  I am having a problem that if
> people can navigate to a cgi-bin directory, they can read .pl files.  I have
> set an index.htm in the cgi-bin directory to not allow for the directory
> listings to not show up.  I have tried everything (turning off FancyIndexing)
> to get the directory listing to not show up.  The index.htm just brings up a
> blank page.  What permissions do I need to have setup to not allow people to
> read *.pl but not interfere with the running of the cgi's and perl scripts?

It sounds like you have a cgi-bin directory that is accessible under two
different URLs; once through ScriptAlias and once otherwise.  This is a
bad idea.

Can you give us the details on how you have your cgi-bin configured?

Joshua.