Posted to user@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2017/06/01 08:40:58 UTC

FEEDBACK: Improving User Experience of Mifos X Web App

Hi all,

As you saw in our blog post to the Mifos community, we have a very talented
intern, Gopala Krishnan who is going to be redesigning a number of screens
and improving key workflows throughout the Mifos X web app (community app)
for his GSOC project.

He just started the coding period officially on May 30. Part of his
workload will include implementing wizard UIs for product and account
creation, improving the loan, savings summary pages, and redesigning the
client, center, and group record pages. Pranjal as one of his mentors, will
be providing design expertise to assist.

In order for him to properly improve the usability and enhance the overall
user experience, he really needs to understand how users on a day to day
basis actually interact with the application and what they're aiming to
achieve. He'd like to conduct interviews with as many users and/or partners
across the community to gather user stories for what they need to
accomplish in the Mifos X web app so he can improve the design and
workflows accordingly.

If interested in giving this feedback and participating in such an
interview, please respond to this thread or email me directly and we'll get
the meeting scheduled.

Gopala's project plan for his work this summer is at
https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/display/projects/
GSOC+2017+Web+App+Enhancements

Ed

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative

Re: FEEDBACK: Improving User Experience of Mifos X Web App

Posted by Gopala Krishnan <gk...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I have sent this mail before but it seems it did not reach since I was not
subscribed to the user mailing lists.

I'll be working this summer with my mentors Maulik, Gaurav and Pranjal on
Improving the community app user interface for better usability and
experience. Currently, I am working on implementing wizards for product and
account creation pages.

I am really looking forward to this discussion so that I could get the hang
of the day to day usability of the app and the requirements for design
improvements needed. This would help us create mockups/wireframes.

Unfortunately, I won't be available for a call before Tuesday. So it would
be great if we could arrange a time after Tuesday.

Looking forward to work with the community!

Regards,
GopalaKrishnan P
GitHub <http://www.github.com/gkrishnan724> | Blog
<http://gkrishnan724.wordpress.com> | FOSS@Amrita
<http://foss.amrita.ac.in/>

Re: FEEDBACK: Improving User Experience of Mifos X Web App

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Myrle,

We'll make sure the interviews are recorded.

Ed

Posted by Myrle Krantz <oj...@gmail.com>.
Hey Ed,

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.