Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Bradley P. Allen" <bp...@ix.netcom.com> on 2000/10/17 21:36:28 UTC

Missing tag problem

Folks- I'm baffled by the following behavior under my configuration (Red
Hat 6.2, Apache 1.3.12, mod_jk, Tomcat 3.2b4, Cocoon 1.8). For certain
elements, Cocoon seems to be dropping the closing tag. For example, the
following XSP code:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>

<xsp:page language="java"
xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core">
  <link>testing</link>
</xsp:page>

... results in the following XML:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
<link>testing
<!-- This page was served in 8 milliseconds by Cocoon 1.8 -->

I found this in the context of using XSP to generate RSS 1.0. Needless
to say, without a closing </link> tag this will be difficult to do
correctly.What am I missing here? - thanks in advance, BPA

RE: Missing tag problem

Posted by Justin Sampson <js...@covia.com>.
Cocoon is using the default HTML formatting, but you want XML. Use the
<?cocoon-format type="text/xml"?> processing instruction.

Justin