Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by zhao <25...@qq.com> on 2011/08/29 04:24:52 UTC

a question about job failed

Dear all,
after use nutch 0.9 ,but have a question,Detailed description of the problem
is
       Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Job failed!
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:604)
        at
org.apache.nutch.indexer.DeleteDuplicates.dedup(DeleteDuplicates.java:439)
          at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl.main(Crawl.java:135)
Thank you for your help
 zhao

Re: a question about job failed

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Yes, i have this less than descriptive exception too:

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17

Re: a question about job failed

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhao,

Do you have anymore verbose log info from hadoop.log, I have never worked
with Nutch 0.9 but if you could at least indicate whether you get something
like

LOG: info Dedup: starting ... blah blah blah

Taking this to a larger context I am not particularly happy with the
verboseness of logging when there are errors with indexing commands. When we
experience an error during any of the index related commands we get back Job
failed. It would be nice to get back a reason for the job failing which was
more clear than a stack trace.

Finally, this is from a personal point of view, I would highly recommend
that you upgrade to a newer (1.3) version of Nutch if you are using this in
production. There are significant improvements in functionality.

Lewis

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 3:24 AM, zhao <25...@qq.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> after use nutch 0.9 ,but have a question,Detailed description of the
> problem
> is
>       Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Job failed!
>        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:604)
>        at
> org.apache.nutch.indexer.DeleteDuplicates.dedup(DeleteDuplicates.java:439)
>          at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl.main(Crawl.java:135)
> Thank you for your help
>  zhao

*Lewis*