Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Heith Seewald <hs...@slashdotmedia.com> on 2015/09/16 21:21:40 UTC

[allura:tickets] Re: #7955 Add more formatting support to markdown editor

That could work.  The font kerning prevents it from looking perfect, but keeping the placeholder text simple might help make it easier to digest (and edit).

    A  | B  | C
    --- | --- |---
    1   | 2  | 3
    x   | y   | z

---

** [tickets:#7955] Add more formatting support to markdown editor**

**Status:** in-progress
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** ux sf-current sf-4
**Created:** Mon Aug 10, 2015 02:39 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Wed Sep 16, 2015 06:38 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema

It'd be nice to add more toolbar buttons to support inserting formatting like:

* `~~~~` code blocks
* strikethrough
* backticks
* tables
* headers

Tables & headers might need a drop-down to support choosing which one, so not sure if that is realistic.

Syntax highlighting of those elements (especially our code blocks) would be nice too, but perhaps a lot of work?

See if we can include tooltip text on the new buttons too.  I note that our custom preview and help buttons don't have tooltips.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

[allura:tickets] Re: #7955 Add more formatting support to markdown editor

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Yeah, but you do lose a bit of the table meaning.  It's nice for the example to show that the first row is headers.  Maybe this?

Header | Header | Header
Cell      | Cell       | Cell
Cell      | Cell       | Cell

---