Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by SvS <Du...@solcon.nl> on 2012/02/08 16:09:41 UTC

pax exam karaf framework with remote test containers

Hi all,

I use a short time the pax exam karaf framework and it works fine. Thanks!

But is it possible to use the pax exam karaf framework with remote test
containers? I have multiple remote machines and I want to use them in one
test case. (Distributed testing...)

Thanks,
SvS

Re: pax exam karaf framework with remote test containers

Posted by SvS <Du...@solcon.nl>.
Ioannis,

Oke. I but it is good to have this functionality in a distributed
environment / application. When the time is there, I try the Fuse Fabric
option.

Regards,

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
On a single machine you can create multiple karaf instances using the karaf admin service in order to test multiple karafs in a single host.

If using the remote machines is a hard requirement, there are a few options for you out there, but they all require some additional effort.

The idea would be to ssh into those machines from inside your test install & start karaf and use it in your test.
Some options on how to do it without having to code the world would be:

a) Use jclouds-karaf with the byon provider (bring your own nodes) in order to be able to manage the remote machines.
b) An other idea would be to use a project that I have been working on: Fuse Fabric http://fuse.fusesource.org/fabric/docs/getting-started.html. This will allow you among other to start Karaf instances on any host you have ssh access and easily manage it.
Such test example: https://github.com/fusesource/fuse/blob/master/fabric/fabric-itests/fabric-pax-exam/src/test/java/org/fusesource/fabric/itests/paxexam/CreateSshAgentTest.java.

Ioannis Canellos
FuseSource

Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com