Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com> on 2014/11/03 14:51:09 UTC

Why we have multiple hostnames for a single cluster

Hi,

According to the code, a cluster object's host names is a list. When there
can be multiple host names per a single cluster.
If someone wants to get the host name of LB cluster, which one to pick, is
it the first host name?
--

Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer

web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com
phone: +94 71 443 6897

Re: Why we have multiple hostnames for a single cluster

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi Udara,

As you have mentioned, it will pick up the first hostname in the LB. I
found it from the below code segment:

String hostname = cluster.getHostNames().get(0);
        if (cluster.getHostNames().size() > 1) {
            if (log.isWarnEnabled()) {
                log.warn(String.format("Multiple hostnames found in cluster
%s, using %s",
                        cluster.getHostNames().toString(), hostname));
            }
        }

Thanks,
Reka