Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Staffan Vilcans <st...@jadestone.se> on 2005/04/14 10:42:21 UTC

Not logging message

I have a strange problem with the logging using log4cxx 0.9.7 under Fedora.

When I use static text, i.e. LOG4CXX_INFO(iLogger, "message"); it works
like I would expect. But if I instead use the stream like
::log4cxx::StringBuffer oss;
oss << "The number is " << v;
LOG4CXX_INFO(iLogger, oss.str());

I get the header, but not the text, i.e.
2552 [3210154816] INFO  collection  -
instead of the expected
2552 [3210154816] INFO  collection  - The number is 42

I then changed to using iLogger->info(oss.str()); instead and it worked
like it should.
Is this a known issue?

--
Cell: +46 737 282 486