Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tobias Wehrum <Le...@dragonlab.de> on 2007/11/15 19:08:40 UTC

T5: Using the AbstractIntegrationTestSuite (T5.0.6)

Hi there,

I have a problem including the AbstractIntegrationTestSuite in my little
tapestry application. Maybe the solution is easy, but being a newbie to
java development in general and Tapestry as well as Selenium in
particular doesn't help at all to solve it - so I ask you.

The code is as follows:

package org.apache.tapestry.tutorial;

import org.apache.tapestry.test.AbstractIntegrationTestSuite;
import org.junit.Test;

public class TestTesting extends AbstractIntegrationTestSuite
{
    public TestTesting()
    {
        super("src/test/webapp");
    }

    @Test
    public void testSomething() throws Exception
    {
        open(BASE_URL);

        assertTextPresent("Hauptseite");
        click("pagelink");

        assertTextPresent("Create New Address");
    }
}

The errors are:
    - The type TestTesting must implement the inherited abstract method
Selenium.shiftKeyUp()
    - The type TestTesting must implement the inherited abstract method
Selenium.dragAndDrop(String, String)
    - The type TestTesting must implement the inherited abstract method
Selenium.mouseMoveAt(String, String)
    - The type TestTesting must implement the inherited abstract method
Selenium.isOrdered(String, String)
[...well, and more like these...]
    - The type TestTesting must implement the inherited abstract method
Selenium.setMouseSpeed(String)
    - The type TestTesting must implement the inherited abstract method
Selenium.getAttributeFromAllWindows(String)

I downloaded selenium-remote-control-0.9.2 and included the jars from
selenium-java-client-driver-0.9.2 and selenium-server-0.9.2 to my build
path.

Thanks in advance,
Tobias

Re: T5: Using the AbstractIntegrationTestSuite (T5.0.6)

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I tried to upgrade at some prior point, and found that version of
Selenium unstable.  I may give it another try at some point.

On Nov 15, 2007 10:22 AM, Tobias Wehrum <Le...@dragonlab.de> wrote:
> Hi Howard,
>
> then 0.8.0 is my version of choice?
> (Will AbstractIntegrationTestSuite be upgraded at a later time?)
>
> Thanks for your answer. :)
>
> Regards,
> Tobias
>
> Howard Lewis Ship schrieb:
>
> > Well, there's your problem ... AbstractIntegrationTestSuite is coded
> > against a specific version of Selenium. As a convenience, it
> > implements all the methods of the Selenium interface (buts adds
> > improved exception reporting).  That interface has changes since
> > 0.8.1.
> >
> > On Nov 15, 2007 10:08 AM, Tobias Wehrum <Le...@dragonlab.de> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> I have a problem including the AbstractIntegrationTestSuite in my little
> >> tapestry application. Maybe the solution is easy, but being a newbie to
> >> java development in general and Tapestry as well as Selenium in
> >> particular doesn't help at all to solve it - so I ask you.
> >>
> >> The code is as follows:
> >>

> >> package org.apache.tapestry.tutorial;
> >>
> >> import org.apache.tapestry.test.AbstractIntegrationTestSuite;
> >> import org.junit.Test;
> >>
> >> public class TestTesting extends AbstractIntegrationTestSuite
> >> {
> >>     public TestTesting()
> >>     {
> >>         super("src/test/webapp");
> >>     }
> >>
> >>     @Test
> >>     public void testSomething() throws Exception
> >>     {
> >>         open(BASE_URL);
> >>
> >>         assertTextPresent("Hauptseite");
> >>         click("pagelink");
> >>
> >>         assertTextPresent("Create New Address");
> >>     }
> >> }
> >>

> >> The errors are:
> >>     - The type TestTesting must implement the inherited abstract method
> >> Selenium.shiftKeyUp()
> >>     - The type TestTesting must implement the inherited abstract method
> >> Selenium.dragAndDrop(String, String)
> >>     - The type TestTesting must implement the inherited abstract method
> >> Selenium.mouseMoveAt(String, String)
> >>     - The type TestTesting must implement the inherited abstract method
> >> Selenium.isOrdered(String, String)
> >> [...well, and more like these...]
> >>     - The type TestTesting must implement the inherited abstract method
> >> Selenium.setMouseSpeed(String)
> >>     - The type TestTesting must implement the inherited abstract method
> >> Selenium.getAttributeFromAllWindows(String)
> >>

> >> I downloaded selenium-remote-control-0.9.2 and included the jars from
> >> selenium-java-client-driver-0.9.2 and selenium-server-0.9.2 to my build
> >> path.
> >>

> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Tobias

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50

Re: T5: Using the AbstractIntegrationTestSuite (T5.0.6)

Posted by Tobias Wehrum <Le...@dragonlab.de>.
Hi Howard,

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.