Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sh...@cognizant.com on 2012/04/02 11:32:23 UTC

Image Processing in Hadoop

Hi,

Can someone point me to some info on Image processing using Hadoop?

Regards,

Shreya

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

RE: Image Processing in Hadoop

Posted by Sh...@cognizant.com.
Ya I understand that we need to write the processing logic, what I want to know is are there any kind of APIs that can be used for image processing,
Was reading about HIPI, is this the right API or webGL should be used?
Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and Regards,
Shreya

Posted by Darren Govoni <da...@ontrenet.com>.

Posted by madhu phatak <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi  Shreya,
 Image files binary files . Use SequenceFile format to store the image in
hdfs and SequenceInputFormat to read the bytes . You can use TwoDWritable
to store matrix for image.

Posted by Sujit Dhamale <su...@gmail.com>.